Welcome to Enterprise Your Online Catalog
Tips & Tricks for Navigating the New Online Catalog
Here you may search the catalog of the Pearl River Public Library and other RCLS libraries. All searches begin by entering a Keyword search in the box next to the orange Search button.
You may also log in to see what items you have checked out, place a hold or check on its status, or request a renewal of an item.
AS ALWAYS, if you encounter difficulties with the catalog or have any questions, ask at the information desk or call 735-4084, ext. 115.
- Before you enter your search parameters, click in the All Fields box to narrow your search to Title, Author, or Subject. Keyword in Author Headings and Keyword in Subject Headings searches will provide alphabetical lists of headings to choose from before you see a results list.
- Click in the Everything box to narrow a search from "everything” to a smaller selection, such as Pearl River only items, DVDs, Large Print or Audiobooks. You may elect to search Magazine Articles directly from the catalog or click on the Reference and Magazine Article Databases link to do more advanced searches. You may also choose to search the Finkelstein Memorial Library catalog but you will not be able to see if the items you find there are on the shelf or not. FML has its own online catalog that may be used for more information at http://millennium.finkelsteinlibrary.org/*eng
- Advanced Search is available to perform searches that combine various limits, languages and library collections.
- Each item in your search results will display the number of copies available in RCLS. To check the availability of an item in Pearl River (and other libraries), click on the item's title to bring up the holdings list. This will show you which libraries own copies and if they are checked out. PRL holdings will appear at the top of the list.
- You may limit your search results in a number of ways by clicking selections along the left side of the results page and clicking on Include (or Exclude). These limits include Library, Author, Media Type, Subject, and Publication Date options.
- You may place a hold directly from the results list if the "Place Hold(s)” button is shown. You may also click on a title and bring up the list of holdings and place a hold from that screen. Click on "Place Hold” or on "Select an Action” to find "Place Hold(s).” Some items are not available for holds. If this is the case, you will see a message to that effect when you try to place a hold. You must log in with your library card number and pin to place any hold.
- When placing holds, you have the option to pick the library where you want to pick up the material. The default setting will be the Pearl River Public Library.
- When requesting items with different volumes, you will have the option of selecting the volume you want from a list--a year, such as 2011, or the disc/volume/tape number.